Opens in new window Click here to enroll in First Protector today!
No matter where you live you can be affected by a disaster. The aftermath of a fire, earthquake, flood or other types of disasters can be devastating and can cause a financial hardship to your family. Fortunately, there are things you can do to reduce your costs.
First Protector pays your mortgage payments1 and provides you with EMERGENCY CASH5, among other benefits not typically covered by your homeowners insurance, if your home is uninhabitable due to a disaster.
FIRST PROTECTOR PAYS:
- Your monthly mortgage payment1 up to two years.2
- Your mortgage balance1 if the land where your home is located is condemned or judged permanently uninhabitable due to a disaster.3
- Your homeowners policy deductible up to $1,000.4
- $1,000 in Emergency Cash5 to further assist you with any additional expenses you may incur in the event a loss renders your home uninhabitable and vacant.
ADD PLUS BENEFITS TO INCLUDE VALUABLE SERVICES:
Plus Benefits6 provide 24-hour Contractor Emergency Assistance, offers contractor referral service and reviews of contractor quotes.
SAFEGUARD YOUR HOME WITH FIRST PROTECTOR COVERAGE!
- This is subject to the limits of liability as shown on your policy.
- The monthly mortgage payment benefit is limited to 3 (4 in TX) monthly payments if repairs to the property are not started within 90 days (120 days in TX) from the date of the loss. Home must be uninhabitable for more than 48 hours due to damage from a covered disaster. Benefits are retroactive to the first day after a 30-day waiting period. In TX, if start of repairs is delayed beyond your control a 30-day extension applies and benefits are limited to 5 monthly payments.
- This benefit is paid after proceeds payable by your homeowners policy and is not available for mobile homes.
- Deductible reimbursement only applicable for dwelling claims. Maximum of 2 losses in any consecutive 12-month period. In FL, the deductible reimbursement benefit is limited to $500. In TX, the deductible reimbursement benefit is only available with the First Protector upgrade.
- Home must be uninhabitable and vacant for more than 48 hours due to damage from a covered disaster that is covered under insured’s primary policy. Benefit is limited to one payment for one occurrence within any 12 consecutive months of the policy period. This coverage does not apply to property vacant more than 60 days before the loss or non- owner occupied or rental properties. This benefit is not available in FL and NY.
- Benefits do not include any repair work or materials provided by contractor(s) and/or experienced tradesperson. The Plus Benefits are service benefits and NOT INSURANCE.
Additional exclusions and limitations apply.
First Protector is underwritten by American Bankers Insurance Company, home office, Scottsdale, AZ and Plus Benefits are provided by Consumer Assist Network Association, Inc., both Assurant Specialty Property companies.